Date: 5 Sept 23
Time: 1657 Hrs.
Incident: Structure Fire
Location: 851 Water St
Companies Responding: E1, E2, E3, T1, R1, Chief 3
Owner: Alvin Roe
Situation Found: City fire companies were dispatched to a reported structure fire
called in by a passerby, with the caller stating the front porch was on fire. Upon arrival of fire companies, a small fire on the front porch was found starting to climb the front wall of the home. The fire was quickly extinguished, and overhaul was completed to extinguish any possible hot spots.
The family was not home at the time of the fire but returned during firefighting
operations. The home received minor damage to the exterior and front porch. The
residents were able to stay in the residence.
There were no injuries to emergency responders or civilians.
Cause: Improperly discarded cigarettes
Remarks: Assistance was provided at the scene by Watertown PD, Guilfoyle
Ambulance and City Codes