WATERTOWN, NY — The Jefferson County Public Health Service (JCPHS) is receiving an increased number of daily reported COVID-19 cases. As of 11/29/21, the percentage of COVID-19 tests returning positive results was 12.6% (on a 7-day average) in Jefferson County.
JCPHS would like to remind community members:
• Stay home if you are feeling sick.
• If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, isolate away from others (including household members, if possible) and seek testing.
Use https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you to find a test site near you. Continue to isolate while awaiting test results.
• Be sure that the testing provider has your current phone number and address. Make sure your voicemail is set up and not full.
• If you receive a positive test result, expect a phone call from a case investigator in the upcoming days.
• If you are positive for COVID-19, you will receive a text message from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) informing you of your positive test result. It will also contain a link that we encourage you to use to list your close contacts. Using this system will allow Public Health to inform your close contacts of exposure more quickly
As always, wear a mask, physically distance yourself from others (at least 6 feet), wash hands regularly and stay home if you are feeling sick to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other infections. Get vaccinated against COVID-19. Check with your pharmacy, your child’s pediatrician, or use https://www.vaccines.gov/search/ to find a COVID-19 vaccine near you.