Metro-Jeff Drug Task Force news release
WATERTOWN, NY — On 01/27/2023, members of the Metro-Jeff drug task force being assisted by the Watertown Police Department, ID and SRT Units executed a search warrant at 1708 Ohio St., Apt. 102, in the City of Watertown. Also assisting were members of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office and their SERT Unit, The New York State Police, The United Sates Homeland Security Investigations Division, and New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.
The search warrant was signed by Watertown City Court Honorable Judge Swartz.
Upon entry, the apartment was found to be occupied by two adults and two children. During the initial search, several components were located inside the apartment that are used in the manufacturing of methamphetamine. All persons were removed from the scene and members of the NYSP Clan lab response team
were requested to assist in the investigation (NYSPCCSERT).
At the conclusion of the search warrant several items were found and recovered to include:
– 36 grams of crystal methamphetamine.
– More than 8 ounces of a liquid containing methamphetamine.
– Digital scales and packaging material.
– Necessary components used in manufacturing methamphetamine.
This was the result of information being developed that Lewis was selling and
manufacturing methamphetamine from this location. Lewis is also currently under the supervision of New York State Parole.
Arrested as a result of this investigation:
– George J Lewis, 42 YOA for:
– 1 Count of Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 2nd degree.
– 1 Count of Unlawful manufacturing methamphetamine in the 3rd degree.
– 1 Count of endangering the welfare of a child.
Lewis was arraigned in the CAP court on Saturday and remanded to Jefferson County Jail.
As this investigation continues, additional charges are pending.
The apartment is leased to LeeAnn Tedford where she resides with her two children ages 14 and 7. Lewis, her boyfriend, also resides at this location. They were all present at this location upon police arrival.