Drive-thru and call center hours extended to 7:30am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday. At applicable locations, Saturdays 9:00am – 1:00pm. All locations will remain open 9:00am – 6:0pm by appointment only.
WATERTOWN, NY – We know you rely on us every day for your financial needs. The unpredictability of the spread of COVID-19 and its overall impact does not alter our focus on continuing to serve our member-owners and the community. Northern Credit Union’s financial strength, coupled with our advanced technology, prepares us well for navigating through these uncertain and turbulent times. We are putting our pandemic plan into action and we are committed to doing what we can to help minimize the potential spread of COVID-19 while providing continued comprehensive banking solutions.
As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, all drive-thru, call center, and lobby hours will change to accommodate our members while adhering to guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
• All Northern Credit Union lobby hours will be by appointment only 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. Appointments will be taken by website, mobile message, phone, and email.
• Drive-thru and call center hours during the week will be extended to 7:30am-6pm.
• Drive-thru and call center hours will be extended to 9am-1pm on Saturday. The lobbies in Adams, Commerce, and Croghan will be open by appointment on Saturday from 9am-1pm.
If you prefer to stay home and connect with us digitally, we encourage you to take advantage of our Online and Mobile Banking technology. Additionally, we encourage usage of Mobile Deposit and Online and Mobile Bill Pay. You can check balances, transfer money, pay bills, deposit checks, and more from the
comfort of home.
Our Personal Tellers provide the option to speak face-to-face with a North Country-based team member onscreen in a video conference to complete most common transactions, including deposits and withdrawals, check cashing with immediate access to payroll checks, share-to-share transfers, and loan payments. Additional Northern ATMs and surcharge-fee free ATMs are located throughout the North
Country and beyond. All locations and ATMs are listed at www.mynorthern.com/locations.
The following services will be handled in our lobbies, by appointment: consumer and residential loan applications, business cash and coin needs, IRA and HSA tax transactions and death-related claims. Our ability-impaired members are also encouraged to book appointments for their specific banking needs.
We will be able to accommodate the following items over the phone:
o New Account and Adding Shares
o Account Maintenance/Troubleshooting
Debit Card/Fraud Troubleshooting
Wire and ACH Transactions
Online/Mobile Banking & Bill Pay Troubleshooting
Basic Transactions (we will be waiving the fee)
o Consumer Lending Inquires and Applications directly at 315.779.3135
o Residential Lending Inquires and Application directly at 315.777.8910
o Business Lending Inquires and Application directly at 315.779.3186
To provide members and the community with additional convenience and resources, we suggest the following:
• Members that have been negatively impacted by illness due to coronavirus and need additional assistance related to their account are encouraged to contact our Credit Solutions Team at 315.779.3120.
• Members cashing payroll checks are encouraged to use Personal Tellers for immediate access to the full amount of the check. Members who use Mobile and ATM deposits, will have immediate access to funds within one business day.
• If a member needs their debit card replaced, we ask that they call so we may get them a replacement.
During this time, the replacement fee will be waived and members can expect to receive their new card within two business days.
• For money orders, we encourage members to call for assistance to set up Bill Pay as an alternative as they will be able to send paper checks and ACH payments. Members can also contact their local post office, Kinney Drugs, Wal-Mart or local grocery store to inquire about this service. If needed, we will issue corporate checks payable to the payee and send the check directly to the member to disburse funds. We will waive the fee for corporate checks as well.
• Members with financial concerns with their payments, accounts, or need budgeting assistance are encouraged to contact us so we can work on a financial plan.
• Within the week we will roll out a COVID-19 Financial Relief Program to help those negatively impacted during this time. More information about this will be communicated to members and the community via email, a press release, social media and our website.
• Additionally, within the week, we will roll out new technology to provide added convenience and access, including live website chat, text messaging, and secure video-chat for members to connect with us from home.
• For families with children at home, we encourage them to take advantage of our free, web-based financial education program, Banzai. This resource is available for all age groups and can be accessed at northern.learnbanzai.com. For additional information about Banzai, do not hesitate to email email@example.com.