CANTON, NY — On Tuesday, March 14, 2023, at about 12:45 a.m., a Canton Police patrol effected a traffic stop on College Street of a vehicle due to several New York State Vehicle & Traffic infractions. The St. Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department assisted on scene, to include one of their K-9 units.
As a result of the stop, the vehicle’s lone occupant/driver was found to illegally possess:
58 grams of a substance that tested positive for methamphetamine;
14 grams of a substance that tested positive for cocaine; and
Three glassine packets containing a white, powdery substance that tested positive for Fentanyl.
The defendant, Daniel R. Boudrieau, age 37, of 8 Middle Road, Plattsburgh, New York was charged with:
1) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3 rd degree (B-Felony- 1 count);
2) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 2 nd degree (A-2 Felony-1 count);
3) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7 th degree (A Misdemeanor-1 count);
4) Resisting Arrest (Misdemeanor- 1 count);
5) Insufficient Turn Signal (Infraction- 1 count);
6) Dirty/Covered license plate (Infraction- 1 count).
Daniel Boudrieau was subsequently arraigned in Canton Town Court before Judge Michael Morgan and he was held in the St. Lawrence County Jail upon No Bail. He is scheduled to reappear in Canton Town Court on April 3rd at 3:30 pm.