CANTON, NY — The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department released the following statement:
As of today, Sunday, April 19th:
· 9 (nine) new cases of COVID-19 were reported to the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department, bringing the total number of confirmed positive cases to-date to 118 (one hundred eighteen)
· 1,141 people have been tested for COVID-19 as of April 18th; this testing data comes from the New York State Department of Health and was last updated on 4/19/20 before 2pm (https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/…/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracke…).
· Testing is being done through both St. Lawrence Health Systems and Claxton Hepburn Medical Center. Testing is by appointment only. Please call the hotline numbers below between 8a-4p if you have symptoms or feel you should be tested:
o St. Lawrence Health System: 315-261-6420
o Claxton Hepburn Medical Ctr: 315-713-6655
o St. Lawrence Co Public Health Department 315-229-3448
*The New York State Department of Health defines release of Isolation by the following conditions:
· At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications,
· Significant improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); AND,
· At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
*This recommendation is non-test-based. Time-since-illness-onset and time-since-recovery is used. It should be noted that this recommendation will prevent most but cannot prevent all instances of secondary spread. The risk of transmission after recovery, is likely substantially less than that during illness; recovered persons will not be shedding large amounts of virus by this point if they are shedding at all.
All residents should continue to stay home as much as possible, wear a face covering and stay 6 feet away from others when venturing out for groceries, medical care, or work, wash hands with soap for 20 seconds often, and clean & disinfect commonly touched surfaces regularly.